Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Today

I wish I was able to write creatively ... well, here goes.
Woke up this morning had a feeling that it would be an ordinary day as usual, going through the motions basically. I started off with laying in bed for a good solid 15 minutes while pretending to sleep until my roommate had left the apartment to go attend his class. I got up, grunted then sighed a little, trudged over to the bathroom while picking up clothes from my laundry basket that contained fresh unfolded clothing. Made out of the shower I made an excellent breakfast, cheerios with a side of nutella on toast and a short glass of milk, it was delicious. Packed my things and grabbed all my necessities to head out for the day.
With a smile on my face and my body aching from events yesterday, I walked to Seattle Central to attend my Cultural Anthropology class. Today was a great day in class, like the previous day the class was quite lively as our professor continued to answer our questions for her as well as doing the activity of getting to know each person in the class. Going into concentric circles asking each other questions that were given to us by the professor. I got to speak to a few people in the class, but how diverse each person was. Each person I talked to was incredibly different from the other; the way they spoke, their looks, their backgrounds, almost everything. It was the quite the experience and I was eager to speak to as many people as I could. I hope I'll be able to remember their names when the time comes.
After leaving class with a smile on my face I contacted my good friend Alex Sanchez to see if we were still a go on our plans for corned beef. Indeed we were, and indeed we made some amazing corned beef. It was quite the amazing feast which I was glad to share with ms. Sanchez and her friend Christopher. After chowing down on some watermelon (perfect summer fruit, other than mango of course) headed over with some left overs to Rachel's so she may also partake in the enjoyment of devouring some "gourmet" red meats. As always, it was great hanging out with her for the last part of my day, sipping on some Ramune drink and reading a good book before departing.
Now, I sit here in my two-walled room in my apartment while procrastinating on the little homework I have that is due tomorrow. *chuckles*
Night to the world, and to you who reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment